The Flu can be a very unpleasant illness, however if you are healthy it is not serious. The Flu vaccine also commonly know as the “Flu jab”, is available at our pharmacy as part of one of the many consultations we offer.
What is the flu?
The Flu is a type of respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus. The Flu appears most frequently in the winter to early spring months. It is spread from person to person who are in close contact with each other. It is spread through droplets in the air that fall onto items so frequent hand washing is a crucial way to limit the spread of this virus.
- Sneezing and coughing
- High fever
- Sore throat
- Congestion and runny noise
- Aches around the body
The symptoms listed above are not dangerous if you are generally healthy but they are extremely uncomfortable and unpleasant.
Who is eligible?
People who are eligible to for the Flu Vaccine include:
- Anyone over the age of 18 who are at risk of catching the flu
- Children who are aged between six months to two years who are at risk of catching the flu
There are a certain group of people that we at Conefrey’s recommend get the Flu vaccine to protect them against developing pneumonia. These include:
- Children and adults who have a low or weakened immune system
- Woman who are pregnant
- Children and adults suffering from any underling conditions in particular any respiratory issues
- Healthcare workers with direct patient contact
- Anyone who is over the age of 65