World Cancer Day 2022
Created in 2000 to be held every February 4, World Cancer Day is a global initiative led by the Union for International Cancer Control to face one of our greatest challenges.
There are a number of initiatives taking place all around the world on this day to raise awareness and funds, some include:
Full Day Broadcast
On the worldcancerday.org website there will be a full day of Live broadcast (check out the website for a recording of the broadcast if you will miss it on the day) The broadcast itself includes:
- Speakers from all over the world treating cancer – Pakistan, Malaysia, Philippines, Morocco and more
- Yoga class led by Certified Yoga Therapist Nicole Grant.
- Stories from people affected, guest speaker Marathon runner Paula Radcliffe talking about her daughters diagnosis.
- Important of nutrition in caner
- and much more.. full programme and to watch broadcast here.
21 Days to Impact Challenge
This is a challenge set up to help achieve a healthier, more equitable future one day at a time. They say it takes 21 days to create a habit and thats exactly what this challenge is aiming to do. There are three different challenges you can sign up for:
- Close The Care Gap – Helping people learn about the barriers that exist for accessing cancer care and what we can do to help close this gap.
- Focus On Your Health – All around tips and advise to help you eat, move and live more thoughtfully.
- Eliminate Cervical Cancer – Guidance to help you raise awareness for the public health problem to eliminate cervical cancer.
More info here.
Let’s do our part to fight cancer!