Here at Conefrey’s Pharmacy we believe that it is important to look after all aspects of your health including your oral health. Dr Elizabeth Melvin’s Dentistry practice offers your family the highest standards of care in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
Based in Sandymount, Dr Elizabeth Melvin’s Dentistry practice is a friendly dental surgery which serves the community of Sandymount, Dublin 4 and its hinterland. It caters for both private and PRSI patients. Nervous patients and children are especially welcome – they understand your apprehension and will make you feel at ease while expertly maintaining your oral health.
Dr Elizabeth Melvin provides a range of orthodontic services including Six Month Smiles and Damon Braces. All patients are evaluated on the basis of their needs and may be referred to a specialist if necessary. Initial consultation for orthodontics is free. For more information on the orthodontic services offered and fees, click here.
Top Tips for Oral Health
- As soon as a tooth appears, you should start cleaning it. Children should start learning to brush from two years old.
- Sealants can protect against decay in the back permanent teeth (usually appear around six years of age)
- Toothbrushes should be changed three or four times a year
- Brush twice daily and floss once daily
- Rinse or chew gum after meals
- Use a mouth guard when playing sports
- Have a regular dental examination (oral health check) at your dentist
- Avoid (or at least minimise) sugary drinks and foods
If you pay full PRSI then you are entitled to a free oral health examination every year and the dental surgery don’t charge for oral health examinations of children under the age of 12.